Children’s author Julie Hedlund, challenged participants of her 12 Days of Christmas for Writers series to post SUCCESSES (rather than resolutions) on our blogs this year. She believes the way New Year’s resolutions are traditionally made come from a place of negativity – what DIDN’T get done or achieved in the previous year. Instead, she suggests we set goals for the New Year that BUILD on our achievements from the previous one. I decided to participate in this Anti-Resolution Revolution! Here is a list of my SUCCESSES from 2016.
- I signed a contract with eTreasures Publishing for my picture book PIXIE’S ADVENTURE. Publication is set for early 2017.
- I completed 4 new manuscripts and am in the middle of writing 2 additional manuscripts. I made countless revisions to several manuscripts.
- I attended the 2016 NESCBWI Conference in April and the WOW Retreat in July. Through these conferences, I met some amazing authors, editors, and agents, and have made some wonderful friends.
- I joined 12×12. I’m proud to be part of such a supportive group of writers!
- I took Kristen Fulton’s Nonfiction Archaeology Class in October and met another group of talented writers.
- I joined Rate Your Story for 2017. I submitted my first manuscript this month, and I got a 3!!!
- While I did not sign with an agent, I had several phone calls with one who really liked my writing. I also received a rejection from another who liked my writing and encouraged me to send her other work. I call that a win!
- I started writing book reviews for Story Monsters Ink magazine.
- I was selected to be a blogger for the American Association of School Librarians blog, Knowledge Quest. To date, I’ve published six posts for KQ!
- I was asked by the principal of my children’s school if I would do an Author Visit once PIXIE’S ADVENTURE comes out!
As I mentioned above, I’ve connected with so many wonderful writers this year and made so many new friends. That is one of my biggest successes of the year!
Thanks for sharing my successes with me. I hope 2017 will be an even more successful writing year!